In 2011 we founded our company with the ambition to develop devices that improve patient`s lives. The first device we developed was a dressing that allows patients to take a shower while staying connected to their catheter. In October 2018, we successfully closed a series B financing round, that enables us to accelerate our ambitious plans. Based on our first product, we are now developing a whole range of new products that fixate and secure catheters that are inserted into the body.
Are you a creative Product Development Engineer who is excited by our journey and who enjoys being at the center of developing a range of new medical devices from the ideation phase, up to the market launch?
What will you actually do at Bedal?
As a Product Design Engineer, you are responsible for the development of new devices, from the initial ideation phase, up to the transfer to production. You ensure the qualitative aspects of the medical devices and take up this responsibility towards customers, suppliers and official entities.
- You set up and monitor the Project planning from the concept phase until the transfer to production.
- You are involved in the concept development of the new devices. This includes participation and organization of brainstorms, idea selection and concept development.
- You are involved in user research with health care professionals and in client contacts with medical device distributors, to capture their needs and requirements.
- You develop and maintain the requirement and specifications of the new devices.
- You design and coordinate the developments of prototypes (3D-printed models)
- You make the technical designs of the devices.
- Development of a Risk analysis during the development.
- Set up of the test approach and development of the test protocols.
- Contact with production and suppliers during development phase and transfer to production.
- You maintain the complete documentation of the development process in a technical file
Who are we looking for?
- Someone with a university degree (industrial engineering, product development), and at least 3 years of experience as a product development engineer.
- If you have relevant experience in the medical device industry and knowledge of the applicable quality system requirements, then this is an absolute advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, listening) and interpersonal skills. Ability to advise, persuade and negotiate with colleagues in a supportive and encouraging fashion.
- High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness with strong work ethic.
- You combine strong conceptual thinking with an eye for detail.
- Quality oriented mindset.
- You can manage a project from A to Z, with strong execution capabilities and sense of urgency.
- Hands-on profile, ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Fluency in English and Dutch is required.
Our offer and commitment to you
- Young and dynamic work environment in a highly motivated team
- The opportunity to play a pivotal role in the success of a medical device start-up company
- A competitive salary
- Location: Diepenbeek
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further info, call Franc on +31(0)6/53 13 19 91