We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager (BDM) to help us grow our customer base in Benelux (80%) and support our network of (mainly) European distributors (20%). The BDM is expected to drive profitable sales of our products through excellent territory management and through developing and fostering long term relationships with prospects and customers. He/she ensures the best customer service to our customers, through analyzing, understanding and meeting & exceeding their needs and expectations.
Your role and responsibilities
- Develop and execute the right sales strategy and product positioning for all Bedal products.
- Responsible for identifying prospects in the Benelux and developing them into long-term, loyal customers.
- Providing sales & clinical support to distributors, through meetings trainings and co-travel.
- Meet or exceed sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Utilize sales tools, resources and supporting analysis to plan activities. Analyze territory information to optimize routing and achieve sales results.
- Build and maintain the CRM system.
- Training and educating physicians, hospital staff and Bedal distributors on the use of the products. Foster ongoing trust.
- Maintain a good understanding of the applicable medical markets, its needs and requirements and its competitors.
- Continuously search for additional niches / medical applications for Bedal products.
- Provide feedback to Bedal management on market place trends, challenges, programs, response to promotion and product access.
- Collaborate with Bedal management to establish goals and implement plans to enhance current skill sets and sales results.
- Build and maintain constructive relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and reference centers.
- Provide periodic sales forecasts and other metrics to the organization.
- Represent Bedal at trade shows / workshops.
- Ensure business ethics is in line with laws and company policies at all times.
- Achieves prompt, mutually satisfactory solution to customers’ complaints.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant sales experience within hospital environment, selling innovative disposable products, as well as experience managing a large geographical territory.
- An education in marketing, business or medical education (e.g. nursing) is preferred.
- Experience with managing distributors is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the needs/analysis approach to sales; consultative selling.
- Extensive experience in complex sales projects in a hospital setting, with large DMU’s on the customer side.
- The candidate should have some experience and knowledge of the catheter market. Experience in and knowledge of the radiology and urology market is an asset. Procedure knowledge adequate to illustrate convincingly the benefits of the Company’s products.
- Ability to discuss Bedal products in relation to the human body; basic anatomy knowledge.
- A demonstrable record of accomplishment in executing successful sales programs and new product introductions.
- Effective communicator with logical, organized and tactical verbal, written, listening and presentation skills. Outstanding interpersonal and networking skills.
- Already established relationships with radiologists and urologists is preferred.
- Smart negotiator, strategic thinker with strong execution capabilities.
- Notion of ISO13485 is preferred.
- Languages: NL and EN is a must. FR is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to travel extensively within the Benelux and to a lesser extend (10-20%) outside of Benelux.
- Must possess and maintain a valid drivers’ license and a driving record satisfactory to the Company. Driving records may be monitored on an annual basis or as needed.
Your personal characteristics
- Entrepreneur who feels excited about this project.
- Enthusiastic, positive and energetic individual with strong sense of urgency.
- Results driven, competitive, relentless attitude for winning, perseverance. A hunter profile.
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment, with its fast pace and continual change, managing multiple priorities.
- Highly focused on execution, hands-on
- Excellent communicator (verbal, written, listening) and good interpersonal skills
- High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness with strong work ethic and the ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Humor, able to take life not too serious at times, relativizing capability
- Young and dynamic work environment with a highly motivated team.
- A competitive salary (fixed + variable)
- Company car, lap top, mobile phone
Bedal is a young medical device company, with products that provide catheter securement and allow patients to maintain daily hygiene while receiving treatment. Bedal has the ambition to expand its catheter securement device portfolio and deliver the best in class securement devices.
Email your CV to email@example.com
For further info, call Franc on +31(0)6/53 13 19 91